The one thing that makes your life changing travel experience into the stuff of nightmares is not having the right documents you need. If you lost your passport, get robbed of your bank cards or get into an accident but have no idea what your insurance policy details are, things get very complicated pretty quickly.
Get organised! We have articles on here for what you need to do if you lose your bankcard but having back ups is essential!
Get a folder and have all the important stuff you need in one place. This makes it easy to get where you need to go. In modern times, we have most of it stored in the cloud or in our phones but when you are offline, this is your last defence.
What to put in it:
- Passport photocopy
- Copy of credit card
- Print of your insurance policy and details
- Visa documents
- Photocopies of visa documents
- Boarding passes for flights you’ve checked into
- Printed map of the city
- Booking confirmations for flights
- Booking confirmations for accommodation (not so urgent, they have a record of you)
- List of vaccines you have been administered
- List of useful contacts: Embassy, emergency services…
It may seem like a lot of hassle and a little over prepared for what you had planned your trip to be, but when sh*t hits the fan, you’ll be very glad you did!